On behalf of the Colour Society of Australia, the Western Australian Division is proud to announce that the CSA National Conference for 2023, "Colour Sense and Sensibility" will be held in Fremantle, Western Australia, on October 12-14 of this year. The Organizing Committee of the conference invites you to participate and submit an abstract of a paper you would like to present on this occasion. It will be a “hybrid” conference where papers can be presented live on site or either live or pre-recorded from a distance by Zoom, so that international presenters can participate before an international audience on Zoom.
The deadline for submission for abstracts of papers will be May 31. Poster presentations are also welcome, with abstracts due by May 31 also. Registrations will open on June 16 with an early-bird price for both live and Zoom participants.
Fremantle, Western Australia (Image credit: Kristian Maley, Wikipedia)
About the Conference Theme “Colour Sense and Sensibility”
Colour practitioners and researchers are invited to present their work with emphasis on how human beings relate to and understand colour experiences, from a scientific, historical or philosophical standpoint, including educators whose teaching programs span the art-science divide.
Submissions on any colour-related topic are welcome. These fields are recognized but other related fields may be considered.
- Colour Vision, Neuroscience, Phenomenology of Colour, Colour Perception and Illusions, Colorimetry, Colour Appearance Models, Colour and Language, Psychology of Colour, Colour Aesthetics, Colour Symbolism, Philosophy of Colour
- Colour in Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Communication Design, Product Design, Packaging Design and Marketing, Colour in Photography, Image Processing, Television and Cinema
- Colour in Architecture, Urban Environments, Landscape Design, Interior Design, Stage Design or Lighting Design and Technologies, Colour in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Environments
- Colour in Painting, Sculpture, Drawing, Theatre, Dance, and Music, History of Colour Theory and Practice in the Fine and Applied Arts
- Colour Education in the Arts, Design, Science, Engineering and in Schools, History of Colour Education
To submit your abstract for consideration for either an oral or a poster presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the CSA 2023 Abstract Template, and return it with a one-paragraph biographical note and photograph of the author(s) by May 31, 2023. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee of the WA Division. Authors will be notified if their abstract has been accepted for oral or poster presentation by 31st June, 2023. Accepted abstracts will be published on the CSA website in mid-August.
Authors of abstracts accepted for poster or oral presentation will be invited to submit their presentation in full as a pdf document to be hosted on the CSA website. Submission of this paper will be greatly appreciated but is entirely at the discretion of the author(s).
Copyright & Legal Obligations
All information in the abstract submission, including author’s names, affiliations, authors order of listing, and the content of abstract, will be used in the conference publications. The contributor carries legal obligations of the abstract; any violation to a third party’s right will be the responsibility of the contributor him/herself.
Western Australian Division Committee,