On behalf of the Colour Society of Australia, the Western Australian Division is proud to announce that the CSA National Conference for 2023, Colour Sense and Sensibility will be held in Perth, Western Australia, on October 12-15 of this year. It will be a “hybrid” conference where papers can be presented live on site or either live or pre-recorded from a distance by Zoom, so that international presenters can participate before an international audience on Zoom. Registrations will open on June 16 with an early-bird price for both live and Zoom participants.
On behalf of the Colour Society of Australia, the Organising Committee of the CSA National Conference Perth would like to invite you to participate and to submit an abstract for presentation at the conference related to the theme Colour Sense and Sensibility.
- Submission deadline for abstracts 30 June 2023
- Notification of oral/poster presentation 31 August 2023
About the conference theme
The theme Colour Sense and Sensibility acknowledges the pervasive impact of colour in our natural and constructed environments. Participants are invited to consider how their own work involving colour may be of interest and of importance in shaping and influencing our visual experience. We encourage participation from designers, artists and other colour practitioners whose work references scientific or philosophical understanding of colour, from colour educators whose teaching programs span the art-science divide, and from scientific, historical and other researchers who believe that their insights about colour have relevance beyond their specialised areas of interest.
Submissions on any colour-related topic are welcome, including but not limited to:
- Colour and Language | Psychology of Colour I Colour Aesthetics I Colour Symbolism I Philosophy of Colour
- Colour in Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Communication Design, Product Design, Packaging Design and Marketing I Colour in Photography, Image Processing, Television and Cinema
- Colour in Architecture, Urban Environments, Landscape Design, Interior Design, Stage Design or Lighting Design and Technologies I Colour in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Environments
- Colour in Painting, Sculpture, Drawing, Theatre, Dance, and Music I History of Colour Theory and Practice in the Fine and Applied Arts
- Colour Education in the Arts, Design, Science, Engineering and in Schools I History of Colour Education
To submit your abstract for consideration for an oral/poster presentation at CSA COLOUR SENSE AND SENSIBILITY, please send the Abstract, along with a one-paragraph biographical note and photograph of the author, to email@example.com by 30 June 2023. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee and scientific submissions will be anonymously peer-reviewed. Authors will be notified if their abstract has been accepted for poster or oral presentation by 31 August 2023. Accepted abstracts will be published on the CSA website on 15th September 2023
Notes on the abstract -
- must be no more than 400 words
- up to 3 images (max 500kB) allowed
- links to directly relevant web sites allowed
- presentation time – limited to 30 minutes
Authors of papers accepted for poster or oral presentation at the conference will be invited to submit their presentation either in full or in summary form as a pdf document to be hosted on the CSA website. Submission of this paper will be greatly appreciated but is entirely at the discretion of the author(s). Submission deadline 30 September 2023.
Copyright & Legal Obligations
All information in the abstract submission, including author’s names, affiliations, authors order of listing, and the content of abstract, will be used in the conference publications. The contributor carries legal obligations of the abstract; any violation to a third party’s right will be the responsibility of the contributor him/herself.